(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

164. Peanut Butter & Chocolate cake

Can't go wrong with these 2 "match made in heaven" flavours - Peanut Butter & Chocolate!

I made this for my Hub's birthday last week, as per his request. It is my first time experimenting with these flavours (as common as they are) and finally, after some research, I came up with this...

Presenting, my PBC cake! I layered fluffly and moist chocolate sponge cake with decadent layers of cream cheese peanut butter spread and iced it with Dark Belgium Chocolate ganache. I made this specially as a 4-layered cake. I have to say though, that it isn't for the faint-hearted!!!



















After eating the cake, along with all of Chern's friends (being my guinea pigs), I will now only make it as a 3-layered cake, but with one layer of chocolate ganache and one layer of cream cheese peanut butter spread in between the layers. Otherwise, all consumers of this cake will not be able to talk for quite awhile as this sticky-chewy cake will cause the plastering of your upper jaw and tongue!

Having said that, I do have to admit that it is a really yummy cake! As usual, not so sweet...Just perhaps a tad bit rich - hence my suggested alterations...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUBS!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yiwen Challenger said...

Ahhhh i miss peanut butter sooooo much!! Thanks to the caucasian genes in the blob that is nathan, I've yet to have peanut butter in MONTHS!! Going nuts just thinking of where matt could have possibly hidden the peanut butter... hmmm...

Tue Sep 16, 06:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home