(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

176. BMW Bike cake

I was never confident in making a marzipan motorbike, but decided to give it a go when a friend asked me to. She wanted a full Novelty motorbike cake, but I could not do that as she had not given me enough notice time, plus I had other orders on my plate, and I wasn't about to rush something I wasn't confident in making 100%. So i suggested to her what I could do in that short period and here's the result. I'm quite happy with it, but told my Hubs that I'm not about to make one for him for his birthday any time soon....

Here's a mango cake with her friend's BMW on it! The exhaust, headlights and rims of the wheels were painted with edible silver dust & the "R" on the bike was in edible gold dust.


































2 Comments:

Blogger lili-dime said...

the bike is so cute! and very nicely made :)

Sun May 17, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger Chris The Baker said...

Thanks Lili-dime!

Tue Mar 09, 02:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home