(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Monday, January 25, 2010

203. Updates!

Dear all,

Sorry if I seem to have been MIA. Infact, I have not. I've been tied up with caring for Natalie (now that she's walking, she's more of a handful), along with fighting the approaching Chinese New Year cookie-war!

But here's to share some works that I've completed over the past weeks! Enjoy!



















 This is a Chocolate fudge cake iced with fresh cream, for a birthday party held at the Gallop club - especially for Oliver, who loves horses. Check out the Champion's ribbon it won!


















This Spiced Apple Fresh cream cake is for Desmond who enjoys golf on his days off. It was especially requested by a primary school riend of mine for her husband. Sweet!


















And by far, the most complicated cake I have attempted. It is replica of something done by another local baker (whom I must say, did a waaaaay better job than I). It is my favourite character from the Transformer series - Mr. Bumblebee! He sits on moist Carrot cake - which explains why he was sorta being slouchy, and has the upper half of his body constructed with marzipan. He's got a honeycomb "spine" too. Asked if I'll attempt to make this again, I said, "Let me think about it for awhile..." Ha!

For now, I've been absolutely busy with baking our favourite CNY pineapple tarts! I'm sorry that I will not be opening orders to the public this year, as after checking through orders from close friends & regulars (and those who've asked for them way in advance), I have no more capacity to handle anymore. Perhaps next year, if Natalie is old enough to help with rolling pineapple jam, I will be able to disappoint fewer people!

For now, here's wishing one & all a Blessed Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fa Cai! May the coming year be one that is filled with good fortune and lots of love & joy from family, friends & loved ones!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

easier when they can't walk eh. ;)

Tue Jan 26, 06:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Eileen said...

Hi chris, do you still take orders for cakes? please email me at lim_eileen09@hotmail.com asap! Thank you very much!

Tue Jan 26, 07:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, kudos on the horse cake for Oliver. He really loved it, and the ribbon was a really nice touch. You know we kept it for 3 months in the fridge as we couldn't bear to eat it !

Sun Feb 28, 06:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home